The Orioles are back in action today against the Blue Jays. Dylan Bundy is scheduled to take the hill against J.A. Happ. It will be interesting to see who’s in the lineup and what order Buck goes with against a lefty on the mound.
Here’s a roundup of Orioles related news this morning:
- The Orioles will likely roll out a right-handed heavy lineup today writes Roch Kubatko. Will it be Craig Gentry in right field or Trey Mancini? Roch also writes the Orioles will determine today whether Darren O’Day is ready to pitch.
- Wade Miley says he is ready to pitch on Sunday.
- Here’s an interview with Rick Dempsey, courtesy of Pressbox. Dempsey: “The Orioles could go a lot farther than anyone thinks this team can go”. Amen Rick.
- J.J. Hardy’s performance in 2017 will dictate whether Orioles bring him back another season, writes Jon Meoli.
- Did you know Manny Machado was wearing cleats with secret candy inserts on opening day?
- Adam Jones and his wife Audie spoke about the importance of education Tuesday at the Boys and Girls club chapter in Baltimore, where they presented scholarship awards to the five finalists for the Youth of the Year Scholarship Award.
- The minor league season kicks off tomorrow. Jon Meoli writes about 2015 first rounder D.J. Stewart, who hopes to take his late season success at Frederick to Bowie with him in 2017.
- MLB Pipeline lists which affiliates the Orioles top 30 prospects will be starting out with for the 2017 season. One of the big surprises is that Cedric Mullins will be skipping Frederick and patrolling center field for Bowie. Camden Depot talks about Mullins and has some interesting quotes from Duquette in this blog post.
- Here’s a slideshow of Oriole player nicknames through the years.