After taking two of three from the Yankees over the weekend, the Orioles have off today before heading to Boston for a two-game set.
Here’s a roundup of Orioles related news this morning:
- In light of yesterday’s bullpen meltdown, Roch Kubatko talks about the need for Orioles starters to pitch deeper into games.
- Adam Jones is now in his 10th season as an Oriole. Zach Wilt reflects back on his time in Baltimore in this MASN Sports blog post.
- Jon Meoli talks about Darren O’Day and his early season struggles thus far. Hopefully, he gets back into form soon after battling the flu last week.
- Here’s an inspiring story about two young fans who headlined the Orioles annual Kids Opening Day.
- Wade Miley had a strange outing yesterday, holding the Yankees to just one hit and no runs through five in spite of seven walks issued. Miley: “Lucky, Houdini, I don’t know. It was pretty weird.” Agreed.
- Here’s a good Baltimore Sun piece on Tyler Wilson and the life of being a fringe player on a major league roster.
- For Chris Davis, defense also comes first writes Rich Dubroff for Pressbox.
- In case you missed it, Joey Rickard was placed on the 10-day DL with a sprained finger yesterday to make room for Wade Miley on the roster. Dan Connolly writes about what that move means in the short term.
- The AL East is off to a chaotic start, with the Orioles (and the Rays) “unexpectedly” leading the division after the first week. Let’s keep it rolling this week!