The 4-1 Orioles travel to Boston to take on the 3-3 Red Sox for their first road set of the new season. Dylan Bundy is back on the mound and he will be opposed by Drew Pomeranz.
Here’s a roundup of Orioles related news this morning:
- Michael Bourn is returning the Orioles, reports Roch Kubatko this morning. He will report to extended spring training as he still recovers from the thumb injury he suffered in February.
- Dylan Bundy has produced the lone quality start from the O’s rotation thus far. He will look to keep that going in Boston, where he is 1-2 with a 6.53 ERA over 20.2 innings.
- The Orioles must find a way to limit the damage from Mookie Betts, writes Pete Kerzel in this series preview.
- The Orioles have risen six spots to number 7 in Stan The Fan’s latest MLB Power Rankings.
- Rich Dubroff writes about Nolan Reimold and the life of former major league players trying to make their way back from the independent leagues.
- The Orioles traded RHP Joe Gunkel to the Dodgers last night. Gunkel was recently DFA’d to make room for RHP Miguel Castro on the 40-man roster. Check out this forum thread for more info on Castro.
- Jon Shepherd discusses the AAA rotation depth and his model singles out Alec Asher in particular as someone who could possibly serve as an effective back of the rotation arm if needed. Asher would be in line to pitch on normal rest when the O’s need a 5th starter on Saturday so stay tuned there.
- Ken Rosenthal wonders if Manny Machado has the potential to be an all-time great third baseman based on his career thus far.