In a somewhat surprising move, Trey Mancini drew the start again in left field tonight despite there being a RHP on the mound. Then again, that RHP happened to be a knuckleballer and Buck has stated before he doesn’t want to play Hyun-Soo Kim versus knucklers since he never saw them in Korea. Buck looks like a genius now. Mancini broke things open in the first with a big three-run blast to right-center that gave the O’s an early 5-0 lead. He later hit a second home run, an absolute missile down the right field line over the green monster. He’s the Hangout Player of the Game!
- Ubaldo Jimenez was spotted an early 9-0 lead but struggled to make it through five. He was ultimately removed with two outs in the 5th after allowing four runs to pass. Thankfully, the Orioles had spotted him more than enough support. Final Line: 4.2 IP, 8 H, 5 ER, 2 BB, K, No Decision
- Mychal Givens picked up the win with two scoreless innings.
- Everyone in the lineup except Seth Smith recorded a hit tonight. Seth did score a run though.
- Jonathan Schoop hit his first home run of the season in the first to cap off the Orioles six-run inning. He finished 2-for-4 at the plate.
- Chris Davis went 3-for-5 and blasted his 2nd home run on the season in the 2nd inning.
- Adam Jones went 2-for-5 and also homered in the 2nd inning.
- After the Red Sox cut the lead to 9-5, Welington Castillo put the game out of reach with a two-run double down the right field line. He finished 3-for-5.
- The Orioles rebounded in a big way after last night’s debacle to salvage a series split. They now head to Toronto for a 4-game series.