The Orioles will look to split the series in Boston after last night’s 8-1 loss. Ubaldo Jimenez is slated to take the hill in the series finale against knuckleballer (not comedian) Steven Wright. Let’s hope the September 2016 Ubaldo shows up today.
Here’s a roundup of Orioles related news this morning:
- Roch Kubato reports that Chris Tillman threw two innings in extended spring training without any shoulder discomfort and Joey Rickard’s left middle finger is healing faster than expected.
- Here are some player quotes from last night’s sloppy 8-1 loss. Let’s hope J.J. Hardy’s defensive woes are behind him.
- The Orioles have been dealing with the flu as well but aren’t “broadcasting it to the world” says Buck, a subtle jab at the Red Sox.
- Welington Castillo is making a strong first impression with his new teammates.
- Cedric Mullins is off to a hot start for Bowie. Luke Jackson talks about Mullins and his rising stock in this Pressbox article.
- Chance Sisco is confident he can emerge as a consistent big league catcher when his time comes.
- Lackluster first start results down at Norfolk aren’t influencing the decision on who to bring up as the 5th starter. Right now it would appear Jayson Aquino and Alec Asher are the favorites.
- Interested in learning more about the WAR statistic and what it tells us about the Orioles? Paul Folkemer has you covered with this article.
- Youngsters Ryan Mountcastle (SS) and Jomar Reyes (3B), both of whom are just 20, totaled 7 RBI’s for the Keys last night.