After last night’s 12-5 rout of Boston, the 5-2 Orioles head to Toronto who is just 1-7 so far on the young season. Kevin Gausman will take the mound for the O’s and he will be opposed by Francisco Liriano.
Here’s a roundup of Orioles related news this morning:
- After homering just five times as a team in the first six games, the Orioles hit a combined five homers in last night’s win. Here are some video highlights courtesy of mlb.com.
- The Orioles return to Toronto on the opposite end of the standings, Roch Kubatko writes in his series preview.
- Chris Tillman is progressing nicely and is officially scheduled to make a rehab start in Bowie next Monday night.
- Jim Palmer shares his views on Dylan Bundy, Seth Smith, Manny Machado, and more in this interview with Pressbox. Palmer: “Bundy has a complete game mentality”.
- Here’s a look at the Orioles player salaries for 2017 courtesy of the Baltimore Sun.
- Hyun-Soo Kim has found his playing opportunities limited so far after offseason talk of an expanded role.
- Here’s a good interview with Brad Brach on fangraphs in which he discusses turning a corner in Baltimore.
- An aggressive minor league assignment for D.J. Stewart makes sense, writes Nate Delong for Camden Depot.
- The Orioles don’t run much on offense with a MLB low 32 stolen base attempts in 2016. Could they set a record for fewest steal attempts in 2017?
- B.J. Surhoff recollects his time as an Oriole in this article for CBS Sports.