Updated. Alec Asher will be recalled to make Saturday’s start for the Orioles vs. The Blue Jays.
The Norfolk Tides released their next five starters and Alec Asher is scheduled to start Monday, April 10th against Gwinnett if there are no rain outs. Why is that interesting? Because that would make his next start on April 15th, the same day the Orioles will need a 5th starter.
Now Mike Wright is going to be the opening day starter tonight in Charlotte, so he could still be an option as well as all the team would need to do is skip his start the day before. The other issue of course could be the crazy April weather that normally rains out a few games.
This all could mean nothing of course, but keep an eye on who will be available to start on the 15th. He very well could get that afternoon start against the Blue Jays.
– The Norfolk rotation order will be Wright, Gabriel Ynoa, Chris Lee, Jayson Aquino, and Asher.
– The game is available MiLB.TV and starts at 7:05
– Brandon Barker gets he opening day nod for Bowie against Akron tonight at 6:35 and is available on MiLB.tv
– Keegan Akin gets the opening day honors in Frederick taking on the Carolina Mudcats @7PM. They will have fireworks afte the game if they can get the field ready after a day of heavy rain.
– Lucas Humpel gets the nod for the Shorebirds tonight against Greenville.