The Orioles return to action tonight, kicking off a three game set in Cincinnati where they haven’t played a series since 2005. Kevin Gausman is slated to take the mound against Bronson Arroyo, who is somehow back in the majors at age 40.
Here’s a roundup of Orioles related news this morning:
- Here’s a report on how Chris Tillman did in his rehab start last night for Bowie.
- Pete Kerzel takes a look at the Orioles upcoming matchup with the Reds in this series preview.
- The Orioles made yet another trade last night. They sent Parker Bridwell, who was recently designated for assignment, to the Angels for a PTBNL or cash considerations.
- The Orioles’ payments to stadium authority exceed the initial costs to build Oriole Park at Camden Yards, Jeff Barker writes in this Baltimore Sun article.
- Here is Peter Smuck’s report card for the Orioles as they head into week three of the new season.
- John Smoltz on Dylan Bundy in this pressbox article: “Has Dynamic Stuff Than Can Dominate”.
- Dan Connolly lists his five reasons the Orioles will be better in 2017 and still has faith in Ubaldo Jimenez despite his early struggles.
- The Orioles need to boost their farm system before its too late opines Ken Rosenthal.
- Down on the farm, Shorebirds outfielder Jake Ring was named the SALLY league hitter of the week and Baysox outfielder Cedric Mullins was named Eastern league hitter of the week.