Following last night’s 2-0 shut out victory to even the series, the Orioles will send Wade Miley to the mound in the series finale against the Reds. Cincy will counter with former Oriole Scott Feldman.
Here’s a roundup of Orioles related news this morning:
- Zach Britton is now scheduled for an MRI on his sore left forearm. It sounds like it’s just a precautionary measure but let’s hope nothing serious comes of it.
- Ubaldo Jimenez dazzled in last night’s win writes Roch Kubatko. Here are some post-game quotes from Jimenez.
- Who’s up first tonight? Seth Smith would be if his hamstring is a go. If not, perhaps Hyun-Soo Kim gets the nod to lead off.
- The Orioles called up Jayson Aquino yesterday while optioning Tyler Wilson to the minors. Aquino will likely serve as long relief depth although it’s certainly possible he could be in line to make the start Saturday when they need a 5th starter again.
- Brad Brach is proving to be worth every penny writes Eduardo Encina.
- Joey Rickard was eligible to return from the DL yesterday but still hasn’t fully recovered from a sprained finger. He should be ready soon though and will likely play a few rehab games in the minors before the Orioles make a roster decision.
- The Orioles postgame pie has returned! At least for one night.
- Former standout closer Brad Lidge compares Zach Britton‘s sinker to Mariano Rivera’s cutter in this article for Pressbox.