With the game tied 3-3 in the 7th, Adam Jones smoked a two run homer down the line into the left field seats to give the Orioles a lead they wouldn’t relinquish. Overall, Jones finished 3-for-3 with a walk, a double, a home run, and 2 RBI. He’s the Hangout Player of the Game.
- Ubaldo Jimenez was stellar last time out but couldn’t quite follow that up tonight. He served up a leadoff home run in the first to Corey Dickerson but otherwise cruised through the three innings. Things would unravel in the fourth though as the rain started to pick up at Camden Yards. He failed to complete the inning after walking four batters and allowing two to score on a double from Shane Peterson. Jimenez would take a no decision in this one. Final Line: 3.2 IP, 3 H, 3 ER, 5 BB and 3 K.
Highlighted hitting moments:
- The Orioles got on board in the 3rd when Chris Davis hit an RBI groundout to first with the bases loaded.
- Hyun-Soo Kim and Jonathan Schoop went back to back with two outs in the 6th to tie the game up. That’s the first homer of the season for Kim and the 5th for Schoop.
- Welington Castillo doubled in the bottom of the 8th and later scored on a sac fly from Schoop.
- Vidal Nuno took over with runners on second and third in the 4th inning. He came up with a key strikeout of Corey Dickerson and a groundout off the bat of Kevin Keirmaier to prevent the game from getting out of hand early. He then delivered two more scoreless innings to keep the O’s within striking distance.
- Mychal Givens worked a scorelss 7th and picked up two outs in the 8th. He picked up the win in this one too, improving to 3-0 with a 0.84 ERA.
- Donnie Hart struck out pinch hitter Rickie Weeks to end the 8th.
- Brad Brach worked the 9th and picked up his 3rd save with a scoreless outing.
Highlighted defensive plays
- The game ended in the 9th on a double play. Brad Miller grounded to first and Chris Davis quickly tagged the bag. He then threw to second where Evan Longoria got caught in a rundown for the final out.