The 12-5 Orioles came up with a big series win over the division rival Red Sox over the weekend and now host the Rays for a three game set starting tonight.
Here’s a roundup of Orioles related news today:
- Joey Rickard begins his rehab assignment tonight for Delmarva.
- After what transpired Sunday, the MLB will investigate the actions of two Boston pitchers.
- Zach Britton in this Baltimore Baseball post commenting on Dustin Pedroia: “If he can’t control his own teammates, then there’s a bigger issue over there”.
- Here’s a series preview from the Baltimore Sun on the upcoming series with the Rays.
- The Red Sox want you to believe that Machado pitch was just a terrible coincidence argues Peter Schmuck.
- Manny Machado comments on the early season and what transpired with the Red Sox yesterday.
- Kevin Gausman has had a tough go of it so far in April. Luckily, other members of the staff have picked up the slack. Buck also seems confident Gausman will get back on track. Let’s hope sometime soon.
- Welington Castillo turns 30 today. Here’s to a birthday dinger tonight. He’s due for his first as an Oriole after all.