The Orioles will look to bounce back from last night’s feeble performance at the plate and take the series from the Rays. The rain is expected to hold off tonight in Baltimore so perhaps that will help.
Here’s a roundup of Orioles related news this today:
- It’s been a rollercoaster ride for left-hander Paul Fry who was DFA’d by the Mariners recently, traded to the Orioles, and now has been called up to Baltimore after two outings at Norfolk.
- Here’s a rookie profile on Fry courtesy of Minor League Ball.
- The AAA rotation isn’t exactly off to a hot start, writes Roch Kubatko. So, Jayson Aquino and Alec Asher probably don’t have to worry at the moment about anyone else passing them on the depth chart just yet.
- Buck Showalter is pleased with how Wade Miley has pitched thus far. Hard to complain about a 2.08 ERA after 4 starts and 32 strikeouts in 26 innings of work.
- The Orioles, in spite of their sub-par offense thus far, Kevin Gausman‘s struggles, and Chris Tillman being sidelined for April, are once again off to a better start then the pundits predicted.
- Brad Brach may be reaching new heights with his elevated fastball blogs Matt Kremnitzer for Camden Depot.
- Mark Trumbo is off to a slow start writes Rich Dubroff for Pressbox.