Trey Mancini is the player of the game after batting 2-for-3 with an RBI.
- Kevin Gausman lasted only one inning due to ejection. Somehow Chris Sale only gets a warning for a 98 mph fastball aimed at Manny Machado’s legs but Gausman gets ejected for a curveball that happened to hit Xander Bogaerts. Gausman would take the loss as the Red Sox scored a run off him in the first.
- Richard Bleier worked overtime due to Gausman’s shortened outing. Bleier allowed three runs (one earned) over five innings, with five hits and walk allowed.
- Ubaldo Jimenez was then called upon for three innings and he kept the Red Sox off the board while allowing one hit, three walks, and striking out two.
- J.J. Hardy went 2-for-4 with an RBI.
- Joey Rickard went 2-for-5 in the leadoff spot.
- Jonathan Schoop doubled and scored a run.