Wade Miley unexpectedly left the game with two outs in the first after getting drilled not once but twice on comebackers off the bats of Jose Abreu and Avisail Garcia. The Orioles removed him for precautionary reasons and brought in Gabriel Ynoa to pitch in long relief. Ynoa stepped up in a big way, tossing six shutout innings of relief with six hits and no walks allowed, while striking out five. He’s the Hangout Player of the Game.
- The bats faced former Oriole Miguel Gonzalez tonight who delivered a quality start for the White Sox, allowing just two runs over his 6.1 innings of work.
- Chris Davis had a big night. He finished 3-for-3 at the plate, drew a walk, scored twice, and hit an opposite field homer in the 4th.
- The Orioles picked up two key insurance runs in the 8th. Joey Rickard had a pinch hit RBI double. J.J. Hardy then reached on a fielding error that allowed another run to come in from third.
- Seth Smith raised his average to .302 with a 2-for-4 night a the plate.
- Stefan Crichton picked up the final out of the 7th and started the 8th but was removed after allowing a leadoff walk.
- Darren O’Day recorded all three outs in the 8th but allowed his inherited runner to score following a single and an RBI groundout.
- Brad Brach allowed the first two batters to reach on seeing eye singles in the 9th. After a couple force outs allowed a runner to score, Brach sealed the deal with a flyout to center.