The Orioles jumped out to an early 6-2 lead but this one ultimately turned into a laugher in favor of the Twins.
Player of the Game
- Adam Jones hit a three run dinger in the second inning, his 8th of the season.
- Ubaldo Jimenez looked like he might have a shot at a quality start early on as he entered the top of the 5th with a 6-2 lead. The wheels came off the track in short order as he exited the game with no outs after four consecutive base hits to start the inning. He would take the loss and one has to wonder if/when the Orioles will finally pull the plug on his contract. Final Line: 4 IP, 9 H, 6 ER, 2 BB, 3 K, Loss
- The bats put up an early five run dent in the scoreboard with a five run inning in the 2nd, highlighted by a three run blast from Adam Jones. Unfortunately, that early lead would dissipate quickly.
- J.J. Hardy went 2-for-4 with an RBI and two runs scored.
- Trey Mancini went 1-for-3 with an RBI double and a walk.
- Manny Machado went 1-for-3 with an RBI double.
- Tyler Wilson took over for Jimenez and allowed all of his inherited runners to score and then allowed six runs, four earned to cross the plate in the 6th.
- Stefan Crichton worked 3.1 innings and allowed an additional two runs to score.
- Richard Bleier picked up the final out in the top of the 9th.
- Jonathan Schoop made a costly fielding error in the 6th which led to two unearned runs.