The Orioles kick off their stretch of 20 straight games tonight with what will be a two-game series with the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Here’s the latest Oriole news today:
- Roch Kubatko has some info on the Pirates as well as Trey Mancini in his morning column.
- Kevin Gausman has struggled overall to date but does have a 3.00 ERA over his last three starts. He’ll look to keep that going tonight.
- Two months in and Dylan Bundy has arguably been the Orioles best starter. He credits his slider as the difference maker in his jump in success this year.
- Cody Sedlock is learning the hard way the importance of fastball command this year with the Keys. After a couple disastrous outings in May, his last two starts have gone better so hopefully that continues to be the trend the rest of the season.
- Cedric Mullins‘ return highlights the Orioles week in the minors.
- Here’s Stan The Fan’s June power rankings.
- Fresh off winning minor league pitcher of the month, Camden Depot wonders if Tanner Scott may be coming to the bullpen sooner than later, especially if the team remains a contender.
- The Orioles are in no rush to move Ryan Mountcastle off shortstop, writes Baseball America.