Wow, have a night Trey Mancini. With the Orioles down 6-4 and Mancini down to his last strike in a pinch hit at bat, he blasted a two-run shot to right-center to tie the game up 6-6 and send it to extras. Later in the bottom of the 11th, Mancini came up with two outs again and a pair of runners on base. On the first pitch, Mancini launched a missile over the left field wall to give the Orioles an improbable 9-6 comeback victory. He is the Orioles Hangout Player of the night.
- Wade Miley just didn’t have it tonight. He proved hittable early on and ended up getting the hook with two outs in the third. Final Line: 2.2 IP, 8 H, 4 ER, 2 BB, 4 K, No Decision.
- Mike Wright pitched excellently in long relief, giving the Orioles 3.1 shutout innings with three strikeouts and just one base hit.
- Edwin Jackson served up a two-run homer in his Oriole debut, working 2.2 innings.
- Richard Bleier picked up the final out in the top of the 9th.
- Brad Brach worked a scoreless top of the 10th.
- The bats were held mostly silent most of the night but that would change late in the game.
- Hyun-Soo Kim drove in the first run for the Orioles on a sac fly in the 2nd.
- Adam Jones added a solo shot in 8th, his 11th of the season.
- Things unraveled quickly for the Pirates bullpen in the 9th. Following a Mark Trumbo walk, Jonathan Schoop (2-for-4, walk, run) doubled to put runners on the corners.
- Joey Rickard then had a pinch-hit sac fly to make the score 6-3. J.J. Hardy then followed with an RBI double to cut the lead to two.
- Trey Mancini took care of the rest from there.
- Caleb Joseph went 2-for-4 and drew a key two out walk in the 11th which kept the inning alive for Mancini.
- Manny Machado left the game in the 4th after Andrew McCutchen slid into third and accidentally spiked Manny’s left wrist with his cleat. Hopefully, it’s nothing too serious.