The Orioles were no-hit through seven and two-thirds innings. A crowd of 17,763 saw new Oriole Andrew Cashner allow four earned runs on six hits.
Player of Game:
– Andrew Cashner threw 88 pitches (53 strikes) while struggling through five innings, striking out five and allowing three home runs and two walks. He used a 91-95 MPH fastball and a sinker. His slider was a strike-out pitch.
Highlighted hitting moments:
– Jonathan Schoop singled to break up the no combined no-hitter with two out in the eighth inning.
– In 9th, Tim Beckham homered with a runner aboard to remove the shoutout.
Highlighted pitching moments:
– Pedro Araujo pitched a perfect inning with a strikeout in his major league debut.
– Miguel Castro duplicated that effort.
– Nestor Cortes Jr. pitched in the majors for the first time. Two innings, two walks and two strikeouts allowing a run on three hits.
Highlighted defensive plays
– Caleb Joseph made a poor throw on a ball four that advance a runner and lead to a run on a double play ball. It was ruled an error.
– Manny Machado dives and allows a ball off the top of his glove. Would have been a tough play to make so it was ruled a hit.
– Trey Mancini did not get to a catchable ball at the wall which cost Cashner at least one run. Not an error.
– Eddie Rosario robbed Trey Mancini of a hit in the 6th inning with two men on base.