The Orioles bats once again looked ice cold at the plate early on. Both starters in this one had shutouts going after five innings of play. After the Yankees took a 1-0 lead in the 6th, the Oriole bats finally came alive with five runs in the 7th. The bullpen would hold on this time to snap the O’s losing streak.
Player of Game:
– Trey Mancini got the start in the leadoff spot tonight. He rewarded the team with three hits including two key runs driven in on an opposite field single in the 7th.
– Andrew Cashner looked much improved his second start. He went toe-to-toe with Masahiro Tanaka all night. His only blemish was a home run served up in the bottom of the 6th to Aaron Judge. He picked up a much deserved first win as an Oriole. Final Line: 6 IP, 2 H, ER, 4 BB, 5 K, Win
Highlighted hitting moments:
– Adam Jones broke up Tanaka’s shutout bid with a key two-run blast in the 7th.
– Anthony Santander had a clutch RBI double later in the inning that extended the lead to 3-1.
Highlighted pitching moments:
– Darren O’Day gave the O’s a quick scare in the 8th, hitting two batters to load the bases with two outs. He would work out of the jam with a key groundout.
– Brad Brach got the job done this time with a scoreless 9th and two strikeouts to earn his first save of 2018.
Highlighted defensive plays
– Chance Sisco threw out Didi Gregorious in the 4th inning.