Tonight the starting pitchers were on their game, with both J.A. Happ and Dylan Bundy tossing quality starts. Going into the 9th, the Jays lead 2-1. It was only then that they turned this into a laugher, scoring 6 runs off Mychal Givens and Nestor Cortes.
Player of Game:
- Dylan Bundy had a thin margin for error to work with tonight as the offense only mustered one run. He pitched outstanding all night except for one costly mistake to Steve Pearce who hit a two-run homer. He would take the loss despite the 10 strikeout effort. Final Line: 7 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 10 K, Loss
- Bundy did his job and continues to pitch like a rotation anchor.
Highlighted hitting moments:
- Trey Mancini went 3-for-4 and drew a walk as he continues to look good in the leadoff spot.
- Manny Machado homered for the lone run and went 2-for-4 with a walk.
Highlighted pitching moments:
- Mychal Givens worked a scoreless 8th but things unraveled in the 9th. He allowed a run to score and left the game with the bases loaded.
- Nestor Cortes walked in a run and then served up a grand slam to Josh Donaldson that put this one out of reach.
Highlighted fielding moments:
- Trey Mancini picked up an outfield assist when he gunned down Aledmys Diaz in the 8th, who attempted to score on a sac fly.