Kevin Gausman did not have the stuff of his last 9 inning outing, but he had plenty. Seven strong innings scattering eleven hits. The Orioles offense had plenty to spare.
Player of the Game
Manny. Boy, the Orioles will miss Manny Machado. Two for four with six RBI.
It's Manny's world, and we're all just living it it! pic.twitter.com/t49K3xUJrm
— Orioles on MASN (@masnOrioles) May 11, 2018
Kevin Gausman worked efficiently into the seventh inning. Good defense helped his cause. He struck out six and walked none. He was credited with two earned runs but Buck and Bleier really earned that second one.
- Trey Mancini one for four, he left three men on base.
- Adam Jones was also one for four, He left four.
- Manny Machado was two for four with a two-run shot and a grand slam home run.
- Chris Davis went 2-for-4.
- Chance Sisco went 2-for-4 with a home run.
- Richard Bleier came back to earth, allowing two earned runs and one of Gausman’s. His ERA skyrocketed to .1.17
- Brad Brach got the four out save.
- Trey Mancini started the game off with a miracle catch.
- Craig Gentry erred.
- Two double plays again.
"What a way to wrap it up!"
— Orioles on MASN (@masnOrioles) May 12, 2018