After taking game one on Friday, the Orioles ultimately lost the series after today’s shutout loss. Former farmhand Eduardo Rodriguez shut down the offense and the bullpen finished the job for him from there. In his second start, David Hess took the loss after serving up three homers.
Player of the Game
- Adam Jones collected three hits today.
- David Hess managed to keep the Red Sox bats at bay for the first four innings, only allowing one solo home run to J.D. Martinez. The wheels came off the wagon in the 5th. He left the inning with two outs after serving up another home run to Martinez along with a two-run blast to Andrew Benintendi.
- The offense managed 13 hits today but no runs crossed home plate. Jonathan Schoop was the only batter not to collect a hit. Some pretty abysmal hitting with runners in scoring position.
- Joey Rickard and Craig Gentry both had two hit games.
- Mike Wright pitched 2.1 scoreless.
- Pedro Aruajo struck out the side in the 8th.
- The Orioles played an error free game. So that’s a positive.