By: Charles Boemmel, Jr.
Keegan Akin made a quality start to record his first Norfolk win as the Tides won 4-1 over Buffalo. He threw 6.2 innings and gave up 1 run on 4 hits with 1 walk and 6 strikeouts. He is the Orioles Hangout MiLB Player of the Day.
NORFOLK TIDES (16-18) WON 4-1 OVER BUFFALO – AAA
- Ryan Mountcastle went 2 for 4 with 1 double and 1 RBI.
- Jay Flaa gave up no runs on 2 hits with no walks and no strikeouts over 2.1 innings of relief.
BOWIE BAYSOX (10-24) WON 8-5 OVER RICHMOND – AA
- Mason McCoy went 3 for 3 with 3 runs scored, 1 walk and was thrown out stealing.
- Bruce Zimmermann pitched 5.2 scoreless innings while giving up 2 hits, walking 4 and striking out 11. His fastball registered 95 on the stadium gun. Hangout Exclusive postgame quote courtesy his cousin Chris Slade:
“I knew after going against Erie for a third time that I had to flip the script on them. So we worked backwards a lot and that was why I was able to sneak fastballs by a lot of guys and go in late, but credit to Carlos Perez he called a damn good game. I guess big league time really does mean [something].“
FREDERICK KEYS (15-17) POSTPONED WITH FAYETTEVILLE – A (ADV.)
A DH is scheduled for 5/11.
DELMARVA SHOREBIRDS (25-6) LOST 7-6 IN 10 INNINGS TO GREENSBORO – A (LOW)
- Adam Hall went 2 for 5 with 2 runs scored, 1 homerun, 1 RBI and 1 strikeout.
- Gray Fenter gave up 2 runs on 2 hits while walking 3, striking out 5 and throwing 1 wild pitch over 5.0 innings pitched.