Minor League Game Summaries 4/7
Written by Michael Williams
- Robinson had three of Norfolk’s seven hits
- Durham edged the Tides 3-2
- Tides starter Zach Britton labored through two innings before being removed in the third inning due to a blister on his left thumb.
- Danny Valencia singled home Trayvon Robinson with one out in the bottom of the seventh inning, lifting Norfolk to a 4-3.
- Tides starter Freddy Garcia turned in a solid outing in his season debut, as he allowed three runs on seven hits in five innings of work. The 36-year-old major league veteran struck out four while walking one, throwing 48 of his 72 pitches for strikes.
- Daniel Schlereth earned the win with two shutout innings of relief.
- The Bowie Baysox gave up three runs in the ninth and one in the eleventh to lose to the Harrisburg Senators .
- The team’s traded runs in the first inning. Ty Kelly got the scoring started with a solo home run in the top of the first inning. Then in the bottom half of the inning the Senators got a run without recording a hit when Brian Goodwin scored on a wild pitch.
- Eddie Gamboa would toss six total innings without allowing a hit and just the one unearned run in the first with four strikeouts.
- Chris Petrini came in and pitched a perfect seventh, but then with one out in the eighth he would give up the very first hit of the game, a single to Rick Hague.
- The Baysox took the lead in the sixth inning. Caleb Joseph and Buck Britton had back-to-back singles to begin the inning. Zelous Wheeler then doubled to knock in Joseph. Brian Ward grounded out to second, but on the play Britton scored and then Garabez Rosa capped the scoring with an RBI single that gave the Baysox a 4-1 lead.
- In the bottom of the ninth inning, the Senators rallied against Zech Zinicola.
- In the 11th inning The Senators rallied. David Walters got the loss going 1.2 innings and allowing one unearned run on four hits with one strikeout.
- Glynn Davis homered twice Sunday, the last a two-run shot to left-center in the bottom of the 10th inning that sent the Frederick Keys to a 3-1 victory over Salem.
- Tim Berry started for the Keys and allowed just one run.
- Three Keys relievers combined to throw five scoreless innings and Salem recorded just one hit after Berry left the ballgame.
- Christian Walker recorded two hits including the game winner in the bottom of the ninth inning as the Delmarva Shorebirds defeated the Hagerstown Suns 2-1
- Shorebirds starter Branden Kline dominated the Suns over six innings. He allowed two hits and no runs
Visit the Orioles Hangout Message Board