Orioles travel to Dunedin: Lose 4-to-3
Written by Michael Williams
- Miguel Gonzalez started and Afredo Aceves relieved allowing only one run through seven innings.
- Steve Clevenger went 3-for-3.
- Three outs were recorded at home plate. The most important was an assist by Xavier Paul to Steve Clevenger to cut down Dioner Navarro
- Ryan Webb pitched the eighth with a one, two, three inning.
- Ryan Webb stayed on to attempt to record a save. He allowed the bases to be loaded with no outs on four consecutive singles. The tying run scored with none away and the bases were still full. Buck changed pitchers at this point.
- Kelvin De La Cruz came in with the bases loaded. He recorded the first out. And then a double play.
- Dariel Alvarez hit a 10th inning homer.
- Kelvin De La Cruz stayed on to try the save in the tenth. He allowed a third and fourth run to score.
Visit the Orioles Hangout Message Board