Minor League Game Summaries 4/9
Written by Chris Slade
Tides lost 4-to-3
- Mike Wright made his AAA debut and is off to a great start (5 IP, 5 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 K).
- Brock Huntzinger took the loss after allowing two runs in the 8th inning.
- David Adams hit his first home run for the Tides in the 5th; finished 1-for-4.
- Henry Uruttia hit a double and an RBI groundout.
Baysox lost 5-to-1
- Eduardo Rodriguez takes the loss and was touched up for four runs over five innings but showed a promising K/BB ratio (5 IP, 5 H, 4 ER, 1 BB, 5 K).
- Michael Ohlman reached base in all four PA's with two singles and two walks.
- Christian Walker had a 2-for-4 day at the plate with two singles.
- Dariel Alvarez drove in the lone run on an RBI single; finished 1-for-4.
Keys lost 9-to-2
- Parker Bridwell is off to a rough start in the Carolina league as tonight's loss (4.1 IP, 10 H, 6 ER, 0 BB, 6 K) leaves him with a 9.72 ERA after his first two starts.
- Mychal Givens worked two innings, allowing a run, but striking out four.
- Glynn Davis continued his early season tear (.440 AVG) with a 2-for-4 night
Shorebirds win 5-to-3
- Steven Brault showed excellent control and picked up the win (6 IP, 7 H, 2 ER, 0 BB, 7 K), setting a career high with 7 strikeouts
- Jimmy Yacabonis struck out two in a scoreless 9th to record the save
- Drew Dosch paced the Shorebird offense with and RBI double and an RBI single
- Anthony Caronia also had a nice game, going 3-for-3 with a pair of doubles
- Trey Mancini had a rough day at the plate going hitless in 5 at bats
Visit the Orioles Hangout Message Board