Minor League Game Summaries 4/23
Written by Chris Slade
Tides lost 5-to-4
- Suk-Min Yoon made the start (5 IP, 8 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, K) and proved hittable despite allowing just two unearned runs in five innings.
- Brad Brach struck out four over 1.2 innings but blew the save with two earned runs allowed. He's now struck out an absurd 24 hitters in 10.1 innings pitched.
- Cord Phelps hit his first home run in the 2nd inning.
- David Adams went 2-for-4, the lone multi-hit game on offense.
Baysox lost 6-to-0
- Zach Davies returned to action tonight with a mediocre outing (4 IP, 5 H, 5 R, ER, BB, 0 K), although his defense didn't help him out much.
- The script flipped tonight as the Baysox recorded just two hits on offense.
- Buck Britton and Garabez Rosa picked up the hits, each finishing 1-for-3.
Keys lost 21-to-6
- The Pelicans lineup (Rangers affiliate) features some of the best young power hitters in the minors, like Joey Gallo (3 HR tonight) and had their way with the Keys pitching staff.
- Brady Wager had a disastrous outing, allowing 10 earned runs in two innings.
- Creede Simpson finished 2-for-4 with his second home run.
- Michael Burgess also went yard and finished 2-for-5.
- Glynn Davis, Adrian Marin, and Wynston Sawyer all went 2-for-4 as well.
Shorebirds lost 3-to-2
- Steven Brault had another solid outing (6 IP, 3 H, ER, 2 BB, 5 K) for the Shorebirds but picked up a no-decision.
- Mike Yastrzemski had a 2-for-5 game in the leadoff spot.
- Jeff Kemp went 2-for-4 with an RBI double.
- Gregory Lorenzo scored two runs and finished 2-for-4.
Visit the Orioles Hangout Message Board