Written by Michael Williams
-Brian Roberts returns triumphantly to Camden Yards, hammering the first pitch he saw from Miguel Gonzelez to the flag court. Gonzalez pitch eight full innings. Manny Machado and Nick Hundley came through in the 10th.
- Miguel Gonzalez allowed solo homers to both Brian Roberts and Kelly Johnson. He looked shaky with many pitches up in the zone but made it through eight innings only being behind by those two.
Final Line: 8 innings, 6 hits, 2 runs, 0 walks,5 strikeouts, 2homeruns. Win.
- Zach Britton pitched a scoreless ninth after allowing two baserunners
- T.J. McFarland pitched the tenth inning getting three outs on 8 pitches.
- Nick Hundley broke up the no hitter in the third inning.
- After being HBP, Steve Pearce went first to third on an Adam Jones Baltimore Chop that Derek Jeter was unable to get to. With no outs, Nelson Cruz was batting while a Kurdo uncrked a wild pitch for the Orioles first run. After Cruz struck out with Chris Davis batting, Kuroda uncorked another wild pitch. Adam Jones was now on third base. He scored on a towering sacrifice fly.
- Manny Machado led off the eighth with a double and Nick Hundley played hero with a run scoring single for the win.
Defensive Highlights/ Lowlights
Chris Davis had to incredible defensive plays to keep the game tied.
Other Notes/ Musings
The Orioles preserved their bullpen even with an extra inning win.
The Fans got what they paid for. Pie.
Visit the Orioles Hangout Message Board