Minor League Game Summaries 7/17
Written by Chris Slade
Tides won 7-to-4
- Miguel Gonzalez picked up the win (6 IP, 5 H, 3 ER, 2 BB, K) during his "staying in pitching shape" outing with the Tides. He'll be back up next Tuesday for a start in Anaheim.
- Xavier Paul blasted his 12th homer of the season and drove in three.
- Christian Walker drew three walks and scored two runs in his AAA debut.
- Dariel Alvarez doubled and finished 1-for-4 in his AAA debut.
Baysox won 8-to-6
- Eduardo Rodriguez had another disappointing outing (4.1 IP, 7 H, 5 ER, 2 BB, 4 K) with his season ERA dropping to 5.15 in the process.
- Mike Yastrzemski batted 4-for-5 highlighted by a triple and two runs scored. He led off and played CF tonight. What a AA debut!
- Chris Marrero hit a two-run bomb in the 9th and finished 2-for-4 on the night.
- Garabez Rosa hit his 8th home run of the year and finished 2-for-4.
Keys won 5-to-3
- Brady Wager worked five (5 IP, 4 H, 3 ER, 3 BB, 3 K) and picked up a win.
- Jason Esposito went 2-for-5 with a double and RBI.
- Michael Burgess went 2-for-4 and walked.
- Brenden Webb walked, doubled, and drove in two.
Shorebirds won 5-to-0
- Luis Gonzalez improved to 5-0 with a scoreless outing (5.1 IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 5 K)
- Jon Keller struck out four in 2.2 scoreless innings of relief.
- Austin Wynns raised his average to .282 with a 3-for-4 night as the DH.
- Drew Dosch doubled, walked, and drove in two runs.
Ironbirds lost 6-to-4
- Pat Connaughton pitched 3.1 innings in relief after Steve Johnson worked the first three for a rehab start. Connaughton struck out three and allowed four unearned runs.
- Austin Anderson doubled and drove in two, extending his hit streak to ten games.
- Hector Veloz doubled, drew two walks, and stole his 5th base.
- Jay Gonzalez drew three walks and stole his 9th base.
Visit the Orioles Hangout Message Board