Trade chips that aren't "prospects"
1. Comp pick. The competitive balance draft was July 17th last year. The O's are eligible for being in a bottom 10 market.
2. International bonus slot's. Starts July 2nd this year. It hasn't been the orioles style in the past to sign the big time guys. So might as well trade them.
3. Delmon Young. Given Pearce's production Young doesn't really have a role on this team. Could be a nice trade chip in a contender-contender swap for a reliever, or prospects to help make other trades.
4. Francisco Peguero. Former top prospect who just turned 26. DD has managed to get 143 AAA at bats out of him so far without any options. For teams that are out of it they could give him everyday AB's, possibly in CF.
5. Jemile Weeks. 27. Switch hitting, 2nd Basemen with speed and a .412 OBP in AAA.
6. Michael Almanzar. 23. Rule 5 pick, with all the hard work done. For a team out of the race all they have to do is stash him on their bench for July-September and they have Corner IF with power and 3 options.
7. Vet's in AAA like Lombardozzi, De Jesus, Borbon and Wallace.
Obviously these players/chips aren't going to be center pieces for a big trade. But they could be nice secondary pieces.
Visit the Orioles Hangout Message Board