Facts and Numbers
- In their 15 wins this season the O’s have average 6.1 runs per game. In their 11 losses they’ve averaged 2.5 runs per game.
- Based on opening day rosters, the Orioles are the 4th youngest team in the American League with a 28.74 year old average. They are 8th youngest overall. The A’s (28.20), Rays (28.24), and Twins (28.28) are younger in the
- Nick Markakis has reached base safely in 26 of 27 games this season.
- The Orioles are 9-0 when leading after seven innings, 10-0 when leading after eight innings. However, they are 3-8 when trailing after seven 2-10 when trailing after eight.
- The Orioles started off 6-1 this season. Of the teams that started with that record, only one team in major league history has ever finished with a winning percentage under .400 (1977
- At 10-4, the Orioles are tied with
- The Orioles have outscored their opponents, 29-11 in the sixth inning this year.
- After collecting 13 hits in last night’s 7-4 win over the Rays, the Orioles have improved to 7-0 when collecting ten hits or more in a game.
- If Sports Guy spent exactly one minute on every one of his 56,675 posts (as of 7:47 PM on April 30th) , he has spent 944 hours or 39.3 days of his life making posts on the Hangout message board. Of course, this doesn’t take into account the fact that he had several thousand posts wiped out by an administrative error a few years back and he once posted under another handle before being banned.
- Delmarva second baseman Ryan Adams made six errors in a double header last week. In 15 games this season at second base he’s made 11 errors. Amazingly, he’s also played three games at shortstop and has made three errors there as well.
- Frederick’s Jake Arrieta (32 K in 25.1 IP), Bowie’s Jason Berken (30 K in 26.2 IP) and David Hernandez (37 K in 25 IP), and Nofolk’s Radhames Liz (29 K in 27.2 IP) and Garrett Olson (25 K in 24.1 IP) are averaging more than a strikeout an inning as a starter.
- Speaking of Hernandez, he leads the Eastern League in strikeouts (37) and is averaging 13.32 K’s per nine innings.
Visit the Orioles Hangout Message Board
Tony has owned and operated Orioles Hangout since 1996 and is well known for his knowledge of the Baltimore Orioles organization from top to bottom. He's a frequent guest on Baltimore-area sports radio stations and can be heard regularly on the 105.7 FM The Fan. His knowledge and contacts within the Orioles minor league system and the major league baseball scouting industry is unparalleled in the Baltimore media and is known as an expert on the Orioles prospects.