The Orioles opened the season with a 3-2 extra inning win yesterday, highlighted by Mark Trumbo’s walkoff jumbo. The birds have the day off today before completing their two game set with the Blue Jays tomorrow at 7:05 PM.
Here’s a roundup of Orioles related news this morning:
- Roch Kubatko reflects on the opening day win, suggesting the off day is an opportune one with O’Day still recovering from the flu and Machado icing his sore wrist after the game.
- Manny Machado made several gold glove caliber plays yesterday, including this one in the 11th inning.
- Here are some more video highlights as well as player quotes from yesterday’s game. Mark Trumbo on the similarities of this game and the wild card game last October: “I’m glad this one turned out in our favor.” So am I.
- The boo birds were out in full force yesterday whenever Jose Bautista stepped to the plate. Glad to see that yearly tradition continue.
- True bromance. This article talks about how Manny Machado and Jonathan Schoop are best friends on and off the field.
- Want to read about the new menu items unveiled at OPACY this year? Baltimore business journal has you covered.
- Jon Meoli talks about the Orioles deep and versatile bench Buck deployed in yesterday’s win.
- Zach Britton worked a crucial two scoreless innings yesterday to keep the game alive. Jon Meoli has some post-game quotes from Britton, who hopefully has another all-star campaign ahead of him.