Twins bashed Kevin Gausman for six runs over four innings and the Orioles fail to hit once again as the Twins dominate the Orioles for a 7-0 win. Orioles hitters could only manage one hit off starter Jose Berrios thru eight innings before loading the bases on him in the 9th with two hits and walk. Berrios though got Jonathan Schoop to pop up and struck out Adam Jones to finish his first major league shutout.
Player of Game:
– Any Orioles fan that sat through this game
– Kevin Gausman gave up a home run on the first pitch of the game and then things got worse. Ended up allowing four hits and a walk allowing the Twins to take a 4-0 lead before the Orioles even bat. Gausman’s fastball was only 91-92 MPH when he averaged 95 last year. Overall he allowed six runs on seven hits, three of which were home runs, along with two walks before getting pulled after four innings
Highlighted hitting moments:
– Chance Sisco collected a double and a clean bunt hit against the shift.
Highlighted pitching moments:
– With no pressure, down 7-0, and with a big strike zone, Brad Brach tossed a perfect 8th inning.
Highlighted defensive plays
– Tim Beckam made an error on a fairly routine ball in which he allowed the ball to short hop him.